Monday, August 20, 2007

goodbye hong kong, hello japan...

we leave for japan in the morning. i am about to go to bed, while you all are getting ready to head to work. hong kong is now one of my favorite cities. this place is amazing and has it all. today we went to a couple different markets and shopped. picked up a few things, it was fun bargaining with the vendors, they tell you the price and then give them my price. the best part is saying no and walking away, and them following you as you walk away.
the things i won't miss about hk is the guys on the street asking every ten feet or so, "you want fake watch", or "you come to my shop, we get you tailored suit."
had the best ice cream today, a mango flavored ice cream.
went into the louis vuitton shop in the peninsula hotel today, who the hell would spend $2000 bucks on a purse, or $500 bucks on a small wallet? it is nice stuff, but why so much???
that reminds me, i hope the lottery ticket sitting on my counter at home is the winning ticket, haven't checked, but i am keeping my hopes up.
well hong kong was great, i will definitely be coming back here, and recommend it to anyone.
so i guess the next time i will post something will be in the land of the rising sun...
hope all is well.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Why didnt you buy me an expensive purse davey? Come on its not that much! Just kidding. I should of gave you some money though to buy me something...oh well.

Anonymous said...

hope you guys are living it up. Sorry that some of us have to say home with kids, go to work, and contribut to society for a better life. I am not bitter, just bored. A mother's hug lasts long after she lets go!
-tom